Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 5, 2007

Don't Blink

So tomorrow Jack will be 7 months old. Time is flying by so fast. I know everyone always says it will and it sounds so cliche, but it's so true, and you really don't know until you live it. Yesterday Matt got my oil changed, and the little sticker on the window said 3/08, and I cried a little bit when I saw that. Jack's going to be 1 then! I'm not ready for him to be 1 yet. He's my baby!

We got his picture taken last weekend and he looks so big in some of them, like a little boy, not a baby anymore. It's funny how becomng a mom makes you really sappy about those things. I can just think about him going to kindergarten or to college and start crying. Matt thinks I'm crazy for that, but I think it's just part of being a mom.

Jack is having some problems sleeping lately. He had allergies with a runny nose a couple of weeks back and he had trouble sleeping at night, and ever since then he's been waking up two or three times every night. He started sleeping through the night so early, I don't quite know what to do with this problem. I'm trying so hard to let him get back to sleep on his own because I don't want it to become a habit for him (although I'm afraid it already is) and I don't want him to need me to go to sleep. But sometimes he just can't do it. I have to rock with him a little to calm him down, and then he'll go back to sleep immediately. It's really frustrating, though, and it makes me so tired. But I know all you veteran moms out there will tell me that it's just a phase he's going through, and I might as well enjoy it because, after all, he'll be leaving for college soon, right?

No comments: