Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 29, 2008

Haven't blogged in awhile. We're still here. Jack's had a sick couple of weeks. We went to SingSong at ACU to see Jenny. When we got there Friday night, Jack started to get sick. He had some sort of stomach bug coming from both ends (sorry). He still seemed happy and normal, just had some unpleasant diapers and throwing up moments. And we only got to see Jenny for like 5 minutes. Literally.

Then on the way home, Matt got the stomach bug. It made him feel sick to ride when I was driving (no comments please) so he drove home feeling terrible, and we occasionally stopped at the DQ for me to change an explosive diaper. Fun!

After we got over that for a few days, he got sick again! On Tuesday morning he woke up not acting like himself. He had a temp of 100.9 and Matt took him to the dr. (Yea Matt! I just don't have too many days left!) and he had strep throat! It made me feel so bad that he felt so bad and couldn't even tell me. But once we started him on the antibiotic he seemed much more like himself. This is his first antibiotic, so I guess that's not too bad of a record.

Since I last updated, Jack's learned some new things. He's laughing out loud a lot more, which is fun. I'm hoping to get some video of that soon. And...here's a big one...he's started walking! Yea! It really surprised me because I just didn't think he was ready yet. But Thursday night, he started taking a few steps from me to Matt and back to me. It was so exciting! He's been practicing a lot and getting better and better. Just in time for his birthday on Thursday. Can't believe it's almost been a year already. I'll save the sappy stuff for the birthday post. Speaking of birthday...



For some reason, Blogger is changing the colors on the invitation. It looks much better than this, but I can't figure out how to fix it, so you get the idea!

5 comments:

Kelly B. said...

oh.my.word. That is the cutest 1 year invitation I have EVER seen!! I may have to copy. Glad you are all feeling better! Happy Birthday Jack!!

Wendi said...

He is adorable!! Hope to see y'all sometime soon.

Kathi P said...

way to go jack! you are such a good mama. we miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

candi,
this is so random, but I was watching HGTV last night and I could have swore that you were on there. It was a house redecorate show. I have checked your blog a few times through other blogs, so I wanted to see if that WAS you. Hope you are doing good.
MElissa (Lee) HIcks

Jennifer said...

Hi Candy! This is Jennifer that interned with your sister at Westover a few years ago. I randomly found your blog a couple weeks ago and after seeing you and Matt on HGTV last night, I had to find you again and comment. I saw y'all come on and I kind of freaked out and then when they showed your couch, I was like "I've sat on that couch before!" Your red couch inspired me to get a red couch. I just love it! Very cool on basically being movie stars. I'm glad to see everything is going well with your little family!