Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Jack's first swimming experience...and other stuff

So...A lot of stuff has happened since I last made an entry. I've really got to get better at this...I'll do my best!

Last week I kept Cooper (our friends Luke and Sara's little boy) for one day because their babysitter went out of town. He's almost 2 and VERY busy! He was great--I'm just not used to having two little ones around. After that day I definitely decided it would probably be best to wait a few years before even considering another baby! Not that we were...you know what I mean!

Cooper had fun I think. He's all about the phone, so he found one of our phones (that doesn't work) and played with it all day. He was so funny with it too. He called everyone in his family I think! He even wanted to sleep with it.




Then my parents came to visit us on Wednesday. We didn't do a whole lot, but I always enjoy them being here. Jack had a lot of fun with his MiMi and PaPa. He's getting to the age where he's really aware of people, and you can tell when he sees a face he doesn't know (he's started screaming at them!). Even though we live far away from my parents, I really want Jack to grow up knowing them and being around them a lot. I know that's really important to them too, so I'm sure it will happen.



Jack with MiMi



Jack with PaPa

We went to Wimberley on Saturday with my parents too. For those of you who don't know, Matt's parents have a booth there (trade days every first Saturday of the month). It's fun to walk around there, but it was really hot. The minute we got there Jack's face turned red. So, we didn't stay too long. Matt sells his glass belt buckles there, and I've started making pacifier clips. I sold several that day, so I was happy!

Then we had our new swimming pool installed!



Just kidding! It's really one of those $30 above ground pools with the inflatable ring around the top. Matt's parents had bought it for Skyler (their other grandson) but their backyard wasn't flat enough. So we decided to try it in ours, and it worked! It's actually pretty cool. And Jack likes swimming in it. It gives me something to do with him when he gets fussy. He gets in his floaty and kicks his legs like he's running . He must feel like he can go anywhere in there!

1 comment:

Kathi P said...

yeah for updates! keep them coming! i loved all the pics...especially the one of jack up close in the pool! his face! ha! loved visiting with you the other night...we'll have to get together soon!